Transfer Talk – Juventus could be forced to leave Chiesa for € 100m as Chelsea go around in circles
The summer transfer window was unlike any other; check out all the major offers and find out how we ranked the biggest signings. And just because the window is closed until January doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue. Here are the latest gossip and speculation.
TOP STORY: Juve could be pushed to part ways with Chiesa
Juventus could part ways with Federico chiesa if they fail to qualify for the Champions League next season, according to Calciomercato.
The Serie A club have received a number of inquiries about the 24-year-old’s services throughout the summer, with Chelsea being one of the clubs keen to acquire his services. But after a poor start to the season which sees Juve seven points out of the top four after 15 games, the Italy international could be cleared for a fee of around € 100million next summer.
Chiesa has been a standout performer at Euro 2020 but is undergoing mixed form as he continues to adjust to Massimiliano Allegri’s tactics with three goals in 17 appearances. And with a number of clubs already monitoring the situation in Turin, interest will soon start to resurface if Juventus find themselves out of Champions League places at the end of the season.
– Ekrem Konur writes that Real Madrid have no interest in Manchester United approaches for Vinicius Junior. Although the Premier League side have expressed interest in the 21-year-old winger, the club from the Spanish capital quickly rejected the idea and will not allow the Brazil international to leave in the January window.
– A plethora of teams are fighting for the signing of Renato Sanches, according to Ekrem Konur, who writes that six teams have already joined the queue of the Lille midfielder. Newcastle United are said to follow the 24-year-old but are now facing competition from Liverpool, Manchester City and Barcelona.
– Andreas Christensen received a contract ultimatum from Thomas Tuchel, writes the Mirror. The Chelsea manager wants the deal to go through as soon as possible as the club continue to face uncertainty over the contractual status of a number of defenders. The 25-year-old center-back has been at Stamford Bridge for almost a decade, having joined Brondby in 2012.
– Much has been said about the future of Karim adeyemi in recent months, but the Mirror reports Manchester United are the latest team to join the race for the in-demand 19-year-old winger. While playing for FC Salzburg his agents have reportedly met players like Borussia Dortmund and Paris Saint-Germain, but following the recent appointment of Ralf Rangnick as interim manager at Old Trafford he can now consider the option of a move to Premier League.
– The agent of Agustin Allvarez is in Milan this week as he prepares for talks with AC Milan and Internazionale, according to Nicolo schira. The 20-year-old midfielder impressed with his performances for Penarol in the Copa Sudamericana, and this saw European interest start to emerge from Serie A after both Milan sides sent scouts to watch him during of the last matches.