New friendly confirmed and triple injury update – Liverpool FC latest news – Liverpool FC
Liverpool will continue their preparations for 2022/23 into the season, with an additional friendly now confirmed amid injury updates for three players.
Klopp ‘extends’ Liverpool’s pre-season
Do you think the friendlies are almost over? Think again !
Jurgen Klopp has today confirmed the Reds will ‘extend’ their pre-season into the new campaign, with another training game set to take place after their first Premier League game against Fulham.
Such is the tight schedule this summer, the Liverpool boss says he has no choice but to continue his side’s preparations for another grueling start to the season.
The additional friendly match will take place behind closed doors on Sunday 7 August, with the Echo claiming Aston Villa will be the opponents.
It is not the first time that Liverpool will face Villa in such a game, having also done so in a similar friendly this time last year, a day after their opening day win at Norwich .
The match will give those not playing against Fulham a chance to get more precious minutes in their legs.
EVERYTHING friendly matches!
Triple injury update, with Alisson still out
- Alisson has now been ruled out of Liverpool’s Community Shield clash against Man City on Saturday, but Klopp says he will be ready for the trip to Craven Cottage a week later.
- Caoimhin Kelleher is also still absent, having missed trips to Asia and Austria this summer. AthleticismJames Pearce has now revealed that it is a groin injury that is keeping him sidelined.
- Diogo Jota is another who is scheduled for a longer stay in the treatment room, after Klopp told reporters on Thursday that his recovery “will take some time”. Far from ideal!
3 things today: The Reds aren’t done in Austria…yet
- Liverpool trained again in Austria today and will return home on Friday. Virgil van Dijk’s possible centre-back against City is one of the seven things we learned from this year’s trip to Saalfelden.
- Klopp’s pre-Community Shield press conference was conducted from camp via Zoom. His comments on Fabio Carvalho are one of the five things we took away from his latest media duties.
- Two transfers from Liverpool could be made when the team return to Merseyside on Friday.
Latest news from Liverpool FC
- Roberto Firmino continues to be linked with a move to Juventus but a Liverpool reporter says the club have no intention of letting him go.
- Klopp hailed Firmino as the ‘heart and soul’ of his Liverpool side but could only offer a non-committal ‘we’ll see’ on the striker’s future.
Last Transfer Chat
Officially a Blue! ?
—Everton (@Everton) July 28, 2022
- Everton has completed the signing of Burnley winger Dwight McNeil for a fee of around £20m. Where will leftist prodigy Anthony Gordon play? !
- Luis Suarez has joined his first club Nacional on a free transfer to his native Uruguay. Many former Liverpool players are moving this summer!
- Barcelona are ready to conclude a deal to sign Chelsea target Jules Kounde, making him their fourth signing of the summer after Franck Kessie, Andreas Christensen and Robert Lewandowski. Good deal?
Tweet of the day
Isn’t this just the most Thiago pic you’ve ever seen? A thing of beauty.
—Liverpool FC (@LFC) July 28, 2022