Midfielder Klopp wants and Keita leaves last – Liverpool FC latest news – Liverpool FC
As Liverpool continue to be linked with a host of midfielders heading into the final week of the transfer window, another Bundesliga club have been named as a possible destination for Naby Keita.
The kind of midfielder Klopp wants
Jurgen Klopp wants to sign a midfielder, and now we know the profile Liverpool are looking for.
According the temperature‘ Paul Joyce the Reds are looking for a ‘No.8 who can also play as a No.6’ but adds the player ‘needs to be someone who will play now and also when the Cavalry return “.
This is where the problem lies. Can the Reds find someone who ticks all these boxes and is affordable? Looks like they’re trying, at least.
Meanwhile, speculation surrounding Naby Keita’s future continues to rumble, with the mirrorDave Maddock claims Borussia Dortmund have expressed an interest in securing his services.
However, Sports BILDby Christian Falk declared, typically, that these rumors are “not true”. As you can imagine, however, calls for Liverpool to include Keita in a swap deal to sign Jude Bellingham are well underway.
The Liverpool midfielder has already been linked with a return to RB Leipzig by OBJECTIVEit’s Neil Jones.
With Keita now set for another spell on the sidelines due to injury, it would be surprising to see him go before the end of the window, but stranger things have happened!
Loans continue to shine
At @LFC fans are asking, yes Tyler Morton really played centre-back tonight…
—Blackburn Rovers (@Rovers) August 23, 2022
Latest news from Liverpool FC
?? If Liverpool?? target a new midfielder before the deadline, who could he target?
Here are 10 options?? https://t.co/2cA0jyTXVr
– This is Anfield (@thisisanfield) August 24, 2022
- So if Liverpool are to strengthen their midfield in the coming days, who could it be? We’ve compiled a list of 10 midfielders the Reds could sign before the window ends.
- A UEFA report on the Champions League final described the impact of scenes outside the Stade de France and delayed kick-offs on players as a “moot point”.
Last Transfer Chat
- It was only a matter of time before Newcastle signed someone for £60million, was it? That’s what they’re paying to sign Real Sociedad and Sweden striker Alexander Isak, according to athleticism.
- The same source also reports that West Ham are working on a deal to sign Lucas Paqueta from Lyon. Cue Liverpool fans ask why we’re not for him!
- Elsewhere, Dele Alli is on his way to Turkey to complete a season-long loan spell at Besiktas, according to sky sports. What’s wrong there? !
Video and game of the day
More of this on Saturday please, Trent and Mo!
—Liverpool FC (@LFC) August 24, 2022
Some important games for Liverpool tonight. In the final Champions League qualifiers, Dinamo Zagreb will face Bodo/Glimt, PSV Eindhoven will host Rangers and Trabsonspor will face FC Copenhagen. Once these matches are completed, we will know the 32 teams that will take part in Thursday’s group stage draw.
Elsewhere, there are four League Cup fixtures to watch, with Liverpool set to find out their third-round opponents later in the evening.