Daily Dawg Thread – February 26, 2022 – Illustrated Bulldawg
MBB: Georgia (1-14 SEC) vs. Florida (7-8 SEC) Today at noon
Dated: Saturday February 26, 2022
Trick : 12:00 p.m. ET
Location: Stegeman Coliseum (10,523) in Athens, Ga.
Look: ESPN2 (Tom Hart, pbp; Carolyn Peck, analyst)
Listen: Georgia Bulldog Sports Network – Flagship: WSB AM 750; XM: 380; SXM App: 970. (Scott Howard, game by game; Chuck Dowdle, analyst; Adam Gillespie, producer)
The starting 5…
• Aaron Cook’s 152 assists are No. 5 among UGA’s all-time season leaders… and just two shy of No. 3.
• Braelen Bridges’ current field goal percentage of .635 is No. 2 among UGA’s all-time season leaders.
• With 33 points at Texas A&M, Kario Oquendo increased his averages by 0.7 points per game overall and 1.1 points per game in the SEC.
• Jaxon Etter has fired 28 counts in 27 games played this season… and 36 in his last 38 since last season.
• UGA leads the SEC in free throw percentage and ranks nationally at No. 6 in FT catches (443) and No. 15 in FT catches (589).
The opening board
Georgia and Florida will face off in a matinee match at Stegeman Coliseum on Saturday, the 225th meeting between the interstate rivals.
The Gators are Georgia’s most frequent, by quite a wide margin. Behind Florida are two more of UGA’s biggest rivals — Georgia Tech with 197 contests and Auburn with 195.
The Bulldogs and Gators have met multiple times in 87 of the previous 91 seasons dating back more than nine decades to the 1930-31 campaign.
In fact, UGA and UF played a home and away double series – meeting four times per season – from 1930-31 to 1941-42.
Of the four seasons, Georgia and Florida failed to meet twice in that span, twice during World War II (when they didn’t play at all in 1942-43 and 1943-44 ) and the others in 2013-14 and 2014-15. This was after Missouri and Texas A&M joined the SEC and the league schedule included a permanent home and home foe, pairing Georgia with the South Carolina and Florida to Kentucky.