Big Ten football’s all-time leaders in the bag
Much like the conference they play in, the Wisconsin Badgers are a team that emphasizes excellent defense. In fact, a badger is ranked in the top 9 all-time sacks in Big Ten history.
This is an exceptional achievement for the Badgers, given that others in the top 9 career sacks include players like former Purdue defensive end Ryan Kerrigan and former England defensive lineman. ‘Ohio State Mike Vrabel.
It is impressive to see how many of these players have enjoyed extremely successful professional careers. Their outstanding college careers truly represent the epitome of physical Big Ten football.
Below are the top 9 career layoffs in Big Ten Conference history:
9. Courtney Brown, Penn State, 1996-1999, 33 layoffs
9. Tarek Saleh, Wisconsin, 1993-1996, 33 layoffs
9. Mike Wells, Iowa, 1990-1993, 33 layoffs
9. Larry Bethea, Michigan State, 1975-1977, 33 layoffs
7. Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue, 2007-2010, 33.5 layoffs
7. Shaun Phillips, Purdue, 2000-2003, 33.5 layoffs
6. Adewale Ogunleye, Indiana, 1996-1999, 34.5 layoffs
5. Rosevelt Colvin, Purdue, 1995-1998, 35 layoffs
3. Mike Vrabel, Ohio State, 1993-1996, 36 career layoffs
3. Mike Messner, Michigan, 1985-1988, 36 career layoffs
2. Jared DeVries, Iowa, 1995-1998, 42 layoffs
1. Simeon Rice, Illinois, 1992-1995, 44.5 layoffs